Travis' Abs Diet Challenge

***First Time Visitors***
Click Here!

_____________________


Monday, April 18, 2005

First week? Crushed it.
  by Travis

When I originally came up with this idea, I never would have imagined that 25 other people would be interested in doing this alongside me. Allow me to say that I've been very impressed with everyone's dedication and enthusiasm for the diet. So far, all the feedback I've received has been very positive and the basic sentiment shared by everyone is how easy it is to incorporate the diet into their lifestyle. It also seems that people are noticing positives results from their efforts – keep it up!

As for me, I've actually gained about 2 pounds but, fear not, I'm not conceding the contest just yet. At the same time, I've managed to lose about 1% in body fat and I feel leaner.

The weekend was a little tougher for me than the week was, mainly because I didn't have a set schedule and the activities were a little harder to plan around. I cashed in my cheat meal on Saturday night at a BBQ. When I woke up the next morning, I'd totally swelled up from drastic increase in sodium. So much so, than when I went bowling that morning I could barely fit my fingers in my bowling ball!

3 Comments:

  • For me, a six pack has been my unicorn since I started this journey of becoming fit, healthy, and acquiring a sixpack in the beginning of 2002. With a big set back in between 2003-2004 I lost my focus and I definitely wasn't making any progress since then. With the results I've seen from the abs diet (from other people I've read about), and seeing my progress just 5 days into it, I believe this is just what I need to make some progress on what I'm looking for.

    Although I'm skeptical about how much progress I can make (and doubt I'll have cut up abs in just a few weeks), I'll definitely make some significant progress in 6 weeks. Winning the "challenge" was never my goal, and I haven't even thought about this being a competition since we started. And it definitely isn't even a small factor in what's driving me in this 6 week program. I'm just envisioning how much progress I would have made at the end, how much healthier and more fit I'll be. Accomplishing all that will make me much happier than any sum of money that I can win from a challenge like this one.

    Unless it was for maybe $50,000, then I'd have my focus shifted. :) Everyone has a price.

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 2:25 PM  

  • Hey Do',
    I can practically hear the frustration in your voice. Fear not, I know you feel uneasy about the diet, but from what I've seen, it looks like you're on the right track.

    I found this page which answers a couple of your questions as well as provides a link to a women's Abs Diet Forum.

    To answer your questions...
    how should I adapt the diet and workout for a female?

    Generally, you want to go with slightly smaller portions and let hunger be your guide (taken from that webpage above).

    I didn't know we were supposed to be staying away from too much sodium.

    I don't remember if it's stated explicitly in the book, but I noticed all the stuff we're buying is supposed to be low/no sodium.

    Also, with respect to caloric intake and serving size I am totally clueless.

    This is where the beauty of this diet comes in. There's no need to count calories. Just try to eat enough to feel satisfied and focus on eating the 12 powerfoods.

    I guess I am getting a bit frustrated because although I am eating better foods for me, I don't know how well I am doing.

    It may take a little time, but you'll start noticing little things here and there. Pants fitting a little looser, etc.

    How many other females are in the challenge? Are we competing against the guys? I am not planning on winning but I would like to ask the other girls how they have been working the plan.

    The group is about half female, half male. If any of the other females feel like posting, here is a golden opportunity ;-)

    As for the contest, I think I'm going to judge men and women separately.

    Finally, is anyone else having a hard time eating 6 times a day? Is the idea to eat small amounts 6 times a day? As in, small meals too? I don't really want to eat if I am not hungry and I am not hungry 6 times a day...

    I think the idea is to keep yourself feeling satisfied, not gorging at any meal, rather just keep a constant influx of food coming in.

    Anyway, I think I need some guidance.

    I shall do my best...

    By Blogger Travis, at 3:58 PM  

  • do', if you don't already have one, get a body fat scale. The digital scale along with your body fat percentage will be really good indicators on how you're progressing.

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home