Travis' Abs Diet Challenge

***First Time Visitors***
Click Here!

_____________________


Monday, April 11, 2005

Day 1
  by Travis

Yesterday's shopping excursion was a success for me. I was able to pick up just about everything on the list except fresh berries. When I got home, it looked like a produce truck had overturned in my kitchen. I think my refrigerator is the fullest it's been since I moved in. I was pleasantly surprised to note that all the food I purchased was only about $20 over what I would normally spend. I figure this is a good sign, because a couple of the items I bought will last for a long time (like the flax seed, protein powder, etc).

This morning, I started the day with a bowl of high-fiber cereal, milk, sliced almonds and a side of turkey sausage. When I got to work, I managed to overtake the fridge here as well, storing my yogurt, carrots, peanut butter, string cheese and deli meat. My desk also runneth over with almonds, apples and oranges.

So far so good for me. How's everyone else doing?

On a side note, in order to make a post or enter comments, you will need to register (this is to keep the blog private). If you need me to send another invite, please let me know!

6 Comments:

  • I measured wt and body fat last night after a workout at the gym, grocery shopped, and took pics. May the best man/woman win!

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 10:59 AM  

  • I could never eat mayonaise again and be quite content, so that one's not really an issue for me. I've been putting mustard on sandwiches, though.

    Overall, I don't think there is any problem with using low fat condiments.

    By Blogger Travis, at 10:05 AM  

  • i'm using honey dijon mustard. mustard for some reason has a very strong taste with very little sodium and calories in general. i'm also using light mayonaise. throw a slice of a tomato in there to make the sandwich less dry.

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 11:12 AM  

  • Bottom shelf under the cereals. towards the center of the aisle. it looks like a bag of wheat flower at a glance.

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 11:42 AM  

  • Do', I don't think you'd have any problems making any of the smoothies in the book and just omitting the PB.

    By Blogger Travis, at 1:57 PM  

  • The PB adds some great flavor, and i wouldn't want to not put it if its part of the ingredients. just put the pb in the middle, and blend. if it gets on the side, its much hard to wash the blender.

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home