Travis' Abs Diet Challenge

***First Time Visitors***
Click Here!

_____________________


Friday, May 13, 2005

Trans fats in quaker oatmeal?
  by Michael Ma

I was doing some comparison shopping yesterday and stumbled onto something interesting. The total amount of fat per serving of Quaker Oats 1-Min instant Oatmeal has total 3 grams of fats. But the saturated fats and unsaturated only added to 2.5. Going by what I read in the book, I interpreted that as .5 grams of trans fatty acids. The Ralphs brand was on sale for considerably less that seemed to not have this discrepency. In the past, I always favored bigger brands from big companies, but now I see there's a lot more value in getting stuff made by smaller vendors that generally process the food a little less.

1 Comments:

  • Maybe, maybe not. The missing .5g of fat has a * on it. If you read the *, it says the missing calories are in from the skim milk. Skim milk should have 0 calories of fat. I'm not sure if this answers the questions or raises more suspicions.

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home