Travis' Abs Diet Challenge

***First Time Visitors***
Click Here!

_____________________


Monday, April 25, 2005

You guys are a bunch of losers!
  by Travis

Most of us (we have a few people that started a week late) are now a third of the way through the six weeks and it sounds like everyone is doing great! From the people that I've talked to, it looks like the group has lost an average of 4.5 pounds per person!

Last week was a pretty solid week for me, but I will admit to having two cheat meals. They weren't meals that I'd planned on and both were out to eat at restaurants. I did try to minimize the impact of the meals as best I could, though.

There is an Abs Diet potluck at my place this Thursday night. If you did not get the invite, please let me know so I can add you to my list!

3 Comments:

  • Oh man, I was bad this weekend. On Friday, I went to L&L and tried to pick out something healthy on the menu. The Mahi Mahi sounded good and healthy. It was served to me and I found out it was deep fried in batter. I also made the mistake on going to the Artwalk on Saturday without any Abs Diet safe food in hand, so I ended up eating a sausage and grilled onion sandwich, having some deep fried apple (in shortening i'm sure) that my friend bought from a vendor, then having some gelato afterwards. I should have taken two zoneperfect bars with me. Lesson learned.

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 2:30 PM  

  • I'm not sure girls would feel the same way, but body fat loss w/o any weight loss is actually preferable than body fat loss and weight loss.

    Body fat loss w/o weight loss means you've not only lost the fat, but you've gained a good amount of muscle. As the book says this is what you want, and you'll be burning more fat at rest. And since muscle weights more than fat, you should be slimmer too.

    If you lost weight and body fat, this means you've lost the fat, but you either lost or gained very little or no muscle. You have not changed how much fat your muscles burn during rest.

    The eating right after a workout is important. Supposedly your body starts consuming your muscles for nutrients at an increased rate right after a workout. So you eat the carbs to minimize that effect, and feed yourself the protein it needs to start rebuilding those muscles.

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 10:11 AM  

  • Do',
    That's great news! Congrats on your achievement!

    By Blogger Travis, at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home