Travis' Abs Diet Challenge

***First Time Visitors***
Click Here!

_____________________


Monday, January 23, 2006

Belated Week 2 Update
  by Travis

Last week was positively miserable at work, hence the lack of any updates. Fortunately, I didn't let the stress and madness in the office derail my progress too much. Admittedly, I only got one session of cardio in for the entire week, but I stayed true to the dietary portion of the plan.

Currently, it seems like it's the weekends that are causing me the most problems as far as food is concerned. The main cause of disruption, for me, stems from traveling out of town and not having a familiar environment from which to make good and timely food choices. When I can, I try to pack a few Zone bars to take with me to squeeze something in between the 3 main meals that everyone else I'm staying with or traveling with has been programmed to eat. So far, that seems to help me get by. The other, more significant problem is food choices when dining out. Again, the best I (we) can do in those situations is just to pick choices that resemble the Abs Diet and to be conscious of hidden fat and calorie sources.

Had a great workout yesterday and was thoroughly entertained by some guy who worked out nothing but his biceps the entire time I was there. Someone should inform him that the biceps are one of the smallest muscles in the body and he was probably doing nothing except overworking them after the first 15 minutes. Eh, someone who cares can let him know…

1 Comments:

  • Have you guys been eating your flax seed? I found one way I can get myself to eat them. You do a 1 part flax seed, one part newman's own light balsalmic vinaigarette (or italian dressing) and 1/2-1 part parmeasan cheese (not the stuff in a green can), and wow, it makes a great dip for your bag of raw veggies. Almost feel guilty eating it. Almost.

    From the last time we did the abs diet, there are 2 new flavors of zone bars that I've become a big fan of. Almond raisin, and cinamon roll. The Almond raisin has really good texture. And the cinamon roll tastes damn good too.

    By Blogger Michael Ma, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home